Why we collect your personal Information
- We only collect personal information about you if you supply it voluntarily, through contacting us via e-mail, using our online supplies donations form, volunteer, transport or contact form.
- We collect personal information about you if it is required to provide you with a service you have requested.
- If you engage in an online discussion, email, chat or bulletin board forum on our site, we may ask you to volunteer personal information such as your name and email address for the purposes of effective administration of the forum.
- We may use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our web site for the purposes of gathering website usage statistics only. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site.
Collection of any further personal information other than that for reasons outlined above will only occur with your consent.
How we use your personal information
Personal information you supply is not disclosed to anyone except for NJT Toronto Volunteers who need the information to complete an indicated function. NJT Toronto uses your personal information in order to provide you with services you have requested. Please note, however, that in areas of the site in which you may express a personal opinion, such as in discussion groups, online email or chat forums, we reserve the right to publish this information online in accordance with our terms and conditions . By using these forums you agree to these terms and conditions.
How we store your personal information and keep it secure
We respect the confidentiality of personal information held by NJT Toronto and take reasonable steps to ensure the security and accuracy of the information we have about you.
How you can access and change the information we keep about you
Your trust is important to us. To access the information we keep about you, please email a request to us at: email@example.com
Please note that the material presented on this site is provided for the purposes of information dissemination. The information and opinions expressed by the public on any Bulletin Boards, special online Email tools, or other forums conducted on this site are not necessarily those of NJT Toronto. Furthermore, neither NJT Toronto or its affiliated partner organizations are responsible or liable to any person whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character whatsoever based upon or resulting from any information or opinions provided in this site. When you submit material to this site, you agree that NJT Toronto reserves the right to publish the information for any type of use in any medium for an indefinite amount of time. NJT Toronto is not responsible for information published by the public on its forums. You shall not submit or otherwise publish through these forums any content which:
- libels, defames, invades privacy, or is obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening;
- infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks;
- violates any law;
- advocates illegal activity;
- advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; (collectively “Non-Approved Material”).
Do not post any threatening or libellous e-mails or material on this site that would be considered a violation of any law. NJT Toronto will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities requests to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such e-mails or materials. The materials presented in this site are subject to the local laws of the Province of Ontario and of Canadian law.